Hard talk here today. But much needed. What’s your business to you?
Real knowledge to pass on to others?
A mission to get people from A to B?
A means to reach financial freedom?
Listen to me. This is good but not enough.
As an OBM and a Business Strategist and Consultant, I see it all the time.
Enthusiastic entrepreneurs trying to grow and scale their business as if it was a game.
They hear this influencer, listen to that Business Coach, ask for help in Fb groups, try to get advice from a YouTube channel, emulate a successful colleague ….
The real truth is that this approach is wrong! You are treating your business as a hobby not as a business
It’s OK to compare with competitors.
It’s OK to listen to webinars and YouTube channels.
It’s OK to be curious and open to new ideas.
But then, when you really want to change and transform your business into a successful and productive activity, you need to understand a few things:
- Your business is unique. Its characteristics, services, audience, environment, people may be different from those of other businesses and therefore your way of managing your business must be different
- Don’t confuse your business purpose with your business management. You may want to help people, to teach something, to change the world, to reach financial goals….great. But your business needs to be managed properly. Business management involves analysis, strategy, knowledge of the industry and of the stage your industry is in. You can’t skip these steps.
- Your services, communication, projects and plans DO heavily depend on the above. What may be a good service structure for one business, may be a disaster for another because maybe the stage, maturity, audience, purpose, strategy…. of these 2 businesses are completely different
- You need systems, Standard Operating Procedures, the right (not overlapping, not inefficient, not redundant) tools to help you streamline your processes and monitor what’s going on.
- You can start a business the easy way but there comes a point where you become the bottleneck and you need a mature business structure and approach.
- You need to be proactive. You need to be an innovator. You need to know what you are doing and be perfectly aware of the possible consequences of your choices and the eventual challenges your choices may land you with.
Business unpreparedness is a direct ticket to failure
Be proud of your entrepreneurial journey and take ownership of your choices. You choose to build your business because of your big WHYs. Be the visionary, the innovator, the enthusiastic human being that wants to change the world.
But be also wise and conscious and equip your business with the right people and structure to support you and carry you into the success you deserve.
I can help you evaluate your business, find any inefficiencies, plan the right actions to take, and help you manage your team, your day-to-day operations, and your launches so that you can easily grow and scale without feeling overwhelmed. If you are wondering if this is the support you need, I would love to hop on a free coffee chat to discuss it further.
Are you an entrepreneur working alone or with a small team? If you are looking for someone helping you setting up ClickUp for your business or if you want to discover if ClickUp is the right tool for you, I am here to help
Want to know more about my Services?
NEED TO BUY A CLICKUP OR A DUBSADO ACCOUNT?
When working in the Online Space, you realy need trusted tools to automate your business, create systems and SOPs and work efficiently.
Below you will find a link to the tools I need and I strongly recommend. Some of them may be affiliate links, which means that if you subscribe a paid account I receive a small commission. You won’t be charged more for this, though!
Download your free email ClickUp course for beginners and discover the free resources we have prepared for you